Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How to Transfer a Timeshare

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Transfer Smart is your first choice to get out of a timeshare contract, contact us today. If you’d like to attempt to transfer your timeshare contract on your own, here’s how. Use helpful steps to transfer your timeshare out of your name and get back into financial freedom.

  1. Call the resort and ensure that you are paid up on all fees, and find out if there are any fees incurred while transferring your timeshare.
  2. Provide the buyer with the resort’s contact information, location and rules. 
  3. Write up a contract between you and the buyer. It should include the weeks that you are able to use, information on special assessment and maintenance fees, and the contact info of both you and the buyer.
  4. Get a new deed for the timeshare from the county clerk (or other applicable authority) where the timeshare is located. This information should be found on your deed.
  5. Fill out the deed and have both you and the buyer sign it in front of a notary public. Hire an attorney if you think you need further assistance with this document.
  6. Submit the (new) original deed to the county clerk’s office.
  7. Finally, submit a copy of the new deed to the resort or timeshare management company. Include a letter stating the transaction details, including your information and the information of the buyer. Depending on the resort, you may have to submit a transfer fee (see step one) along with the deed.

If you have any questions ask me here at the Transfer Smart Help Page or call us at 866-906-4494.

No comments:

Post a Comment